With the dust settling on the ISC'13 Student Cluster Challenge, it's a good time to look back, take stock, and see what we've learned. While traveling recently, I found myself unable to type on my laptop keyboard (after the idiot in front of me reclined into my lap), but I found I could still use the handy track point "nub". So …
Well done to South Africa
Not a country often thought of for HPC.
I hope this result will improve the future chances of all team members.
Re: Well done to South Africa
Pity the Germans didn't win, and then go on to combine HPC and mobile computing. Put a wheel on each corner and they'd have a KlusterKapmphwagen. Standing room only in the back.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK