If you thought Yahoo!'s spending spree was slowing down, you were wrong. The exclamatory firm has just snapped up video app Qwiki for a reported $50m. Rumours of the Purple Palace's interest in splurging cash on the iPhone app started circulating last week, when AllThingsD said the acquisition was likely. Yahoo! said on its …
The only two scenarios here that seem likely are:
A. Someone has their eye on a hostile takeover of Yahoo!, and Yahoo!'s accumulating debt to make themselves a less attractive target.
B. Yahoo! is in full panic mode and aquiring anything and everthing to see what sticks, like a drowning victim flailing around and grabbing at straws.
I really hope it's the former.
The! Exclamation! Points! Are! Back!
Here we are with the !!!!!!!!s again. You're only doing that to wind us up, aren't ya?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack