UK premium rate regulator PhonepayPlus has launched an investigation into five mobile phone subscription services after it said that evidence had emerged that each had been marketed though ransomware-style browser lock-in tactics. Bafona Ltd’s Zovut subscription service, which costs £4.50 per week, is billed as a chance to …
Why do people keep describing these kind of things as a service?
Service to who?
It is service to you, in the same way a bull services a cow.
It is a service to the service owners bank account. It gets filled regularly.
I hate these texts offering you some form of 'service' (eg, PPI claims) you get where it costs YOU money to stop them coming. Anything that can be done to strangle them at birth, all the better as far as I'm concerned.
To all of them. -->
who came up with the name
phonepayplus? its terrible. they sound like one of the companies they are ment to regulate. why arnt they called somthing easy like the premium rate regulator?
Re: who came up with the name
Well, it's easier to remember than their previous name - or the acronym it formed, which sounded like some kind of skin condition.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders