UK premium rate regulator PhonepayPlus has launched an investigation into five mobile phone subscription services after it said that evidence had emerged that each had been marketed though ransomware-style browser lock-in tactics. Bafona Ltd’s Zovut subscription service, which costs £4.50 per week, is billed as a chance to …
Why do people keep describing these kind of things as a service?
Service to who?
It is service to you, in the same way a bull services a cow.
It is a service to the service owners bank account. It gets filled regularly.
I hate these texts offering you some form of 'service' (eg, PPI claims) you get where it costs YOU money to stop them coming. Anything that can be done to strangle them at birth, all the better as far as I'm concerned.
To all of them. -->
who came up with the name
phonepayplus? its terrible. they sound like one of the companies they are ment to regulate. why arnt they called somthing easy like the premium rate regulator?
Re: who came up with the name
Well, it's easier to remember than their previous name - or the acronym it formed, which sounded like some kind of skin condition.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes