As Oracle introduces new wares on the hardware and software fronts, it has to plug Enterprise Manager into this new stuff, and so it is with the 12c Release 3 update of the control freak, which was launched concurrently with the availability of the Oracle 12c "cloud-ready" multi-tenant database management system this week. …
....not another set of EM12c patches... their advice for patching R1 to R2 of EM12c was to throw it all away and start again.
Personally I see more Quest Spotlight and Foglight running Oracle's Boat Anchors....
Does anyone use Weblogic for new developments any more?
...I thought that ship had sailed (and capsized) a long time ago.
Could be interesting.
This, with the new 12c database and the Sparc cluster announced last week do look like a very interesting proposition, both from a business and sysadmin perspective.
But I dread to think what the price would be; I have a feeling that Oracle won't want to offer big discounts even if you buy all three with 'premier' support.
Speaking of Oracle support, I understand that the support offered by the Oracle compatible EnterpriseDB version of PostGres is a breath of fresh air; they actually do something to help.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft