The Register is pleased to reveal that Google has heard of radio-astronomy, and will work with astronomers to avoid flashing its broadband balloon radios in their sky-eyes. Project Loon is an ambitious plan to attach 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio sets to meteorological-style balloons, lifting the transceivers above air traffic lanes …
ad giant's engineers are “slightly horrified by the possibility that we might be disrupting Google's brand and image”.
there, fixed that one
... but only slightly.
Brought to you by a bunch of Loons.
To Richard Chirgwin, for working in the link to the Smithsonian article. I just spent a very fruitful 25 mins on the intertubes.
That's nawt a loon, THIS is a loon. http://www.usscusk.com/loon.htm
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware