Australia's mobile carriers are on notice to do more to avoid international roaming bill shock, with the Australian Communications and Media Authority setting the timetable for implementation of its International Mobile Roaming (IMR) standard. Carriers will need to implement the items in the standard by September 2013, with …
I must be missing something...
I've had these options now for years. And yes, I'm with an Australian carrier; logging in my account on their website allows me to turn roaming on/off, and I've been getting these SMSs about an hour after I touch down and actually make contact with a local tower.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder