In spite of a committee report recommending that Australia's Senate pass the proposed data breach notification bill, the overcrowded legislative program has put paid to the legislation for now. With the government presumably holding its last parliamentary sitting before this year's election, and with the political distraction of …
How to speed up the process
We should make every bit of legislation include even a minor pay raise for pollies. Then we'd see legislation being passed so quickly they'd put the "Fast & Furious" franchise to shame.
"...with the political distraction of the ALP government playing hot-swap-the-leader on Thursday evening..."
<scratch head> Nooo.... I'm pretty certain this happened on Wednesday, with Channel 9 political commentators assuring the public that they'd break to the rugby in time for kickoff.
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review