Intel presented at the Next Generation Object Storage Summit and your correspondent had a look at its presentation to figure out what Chipzilla's latest object storage plan is. It started on the general theme of “the big data flood is overwhelming us”. Chipzilla says we need to view the next-generation data centre as a system, …
Intel is padding their silicon
Why not sell more compute power that's narrowly tailored and needs to be replaced in a year or less? What's the downside for intel?
Now, what's a geek gotta do to get an array that compiles SQL into FPGAs?
Re: Intel is padding their silicon
@Hcobb - very nice, progressive thinking. Certainly not in Intel's best interest. Pretty difficult to pull off. It's one small dynamic of Netezza "secret sauce".
The shadow government will buy it...
Intel just wants to solve the problems of the guys with the deepest pockets: the NSA
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS