Intel presented at the Next Generation Object Storage Summit and your correspondent had a look at its presentation to figure out what Chipzilla's latest object storage plan is. It started on the general theme of “the big data flood is overwhelming us”. Chipzilla says we need to view the next-generation data centre as a system, …
Intel is padding their silicon
Why not sell more compute power that's narrowly tailored and needs to be replaced in a year or less? What's the downside for intel?
Now, what's a geek gotta do to get an array that compiles SQL into FPGAs?
Re: Intel is padding their silicon
@Hcobb - very nice, progressive thinking. Certainly not in Intel's best interest. Pretty difficult to pull off. It's one small dynamic of Netezza "secret sauce".
The shadow government will buy it...
Intel just wants to solve the problems of the guys with the deepest pockets: the NSA
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes