Sources tell me of rumours surfacing at the GigaOM Structure conference in San Francisco last week claiming that Amplidata is looking for more funding - and more rumours abound of a possible acquisition by Intel. Amplidata sells an object storage product, AmpliStor, which is OEM'ed by Quantum as the Lattus component of its …
Intel could be the winner in the Amplidata sweepstakes
Well, I agree that Intel is a much more likely suitor for Amplidata than Quantum. I also agree that Amplidata's cash burn rate could be driving an acquisition strategy by Amplidata's management. As for Cleversafe suing Amplidata, I think there have been suits and counter suits from both of them over the past few years. Amplidata has worked with Intel and Quanta using their AmpliStor software as part of "Intel's Cloud Builders Guide to Cloud Design and Deployment on Intel Platforms". It would be interesting to see if Intel open sourced AmpliStor as part of their acquisition of Amplidata, as it would provide another open source object storage software in addition to Ceph and Riak CS.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM