Salesforce.com and Oracle are to integrate their clouds at application, platform and infrastructure levels, the companies announced today. Salesforce is standardising on Oracle Linux, Exadata hardware, the Oracle Database and Java Middleware. Oracle will integrate Salesforce.com with Oracle's Fusion HCM and Financial Cloud. And …
what does this mean for postgres?
Did salesforce kill that project with this? They made some news a while back about hiring for postgres
"We are hiring 5 Database Engineers this year and 40-50 people next year for a huge PostgreSQL project @ Salesforce.com"
Not that I am a customer of theirs or care really, just curious
Is it just me?
I'm curious to see what happens when someone tries smashing these two train wrecks together, this should be fun to watch from very far away. Best of luck to the poor sods who have to make it work.
Bring on the storm
IIRC, when two clouds collide you get a thunderstorm ...
Fusion was shit anyway - Oracle have been trying to sort it out for almost a decade!
Oracle don't get "The Cloud" or SaaS - it just doesn't fit in their world view
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed