Eight universities have travelled to the 2013 International Supercomputing Conference in Leipzig, Germany, to participate in the 2013 ISC Student Cluster Challenge. They’ve deployed their clusters and are busily working to turn in the best results on a series of HPC benchmarks and scientific apps. This year, the competition …
Maybe the first task for Edinburgh will be an analysis on cheating for academic papers
3KW is weak
I think they need to add a zero onto that. A 3KW system doesn't give you a lot of room given that you can build a quad-gpu desktop that uses 1200W. If you want to see what you can really do with HPC clusters, I reckon you want more like 30KW?
Re: 3KW is weak
"I think they need to add a zero onto that. A 3KW system doesn't give you a lot of room given that you can build a quad-gpu desktop that uses 1200W"
I think it's a double challenge.
Performance speed at minimum power. In this case from a 13A socket.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it