Fusion-io has tweaked its acquired ioTurbine software to offload up to 96 per cent of mixed read/write requests from a SAN, by caching data in server flash caches. This version of ioTurbine can: Cache in the virtual machine (VM), the hypervisor or a physical server Dynamically re-allocate flash memory during a vMotion VM …
Host cache is a bit of a booming space at the moment. Currently working with Proximal Data's solution; good stuff so far. Everyone seems to have a slightly different twist on the idea, one of these days I have to see how FusionIOs stuff differs from the others I've tried.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Oz bank in comedy Heartbleed blog FAIL