The completion of an upgrade to the Southern Cross Cable Network has boosted AARNet's Australia-US connectivity from 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps. CEO Chris Hancock has cited radio astronomy, climate modelling and high energy physics as examples of the kind of science applications that continue putting pressure on this country's research …
"The higher speeds have become available with the completion of installs of new kit on the northern path of the SXTransPORT fibre between Australia and North America."
We now know what that means happens to any data on it.
New reg unit requred
How man NSA data slurps is that?
Re: New reg unit requred
About 0.05 GCHQ/sec :oD
AARNet hits 40 Gbps to NSA
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can