The completion of an upgrade to the Southern Cross Cable Network has boosted AARNet's Australia-US connectivity from 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps. CEO Chris Hancock has cited radio astronomy, climate modelling and high energy physics as examples of the kind of science applications that continue putting pressure on this country's research …
"The higher speeds have become available with the completion of installs of new kit on the northern path of the SXTransPORT fibre between Australia and North America."
We now know what that means happens to any data on it.
New reg unit requred
How man NSA data slurps is that?
Re: New reg unit requred
About 0.05 GCHQ/sec :oD
AARNet hits 40 Gbps to NSA
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked