The completion of an upgrade to the Southern Cross Cable Network has boosted AARNet's Australia-US connectivity from 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps. CEO Chris Hancock has cited radio astronomy, climate modelling and high energy physics as examples of the kind of science applications that continue putting pressure on this country's research …
"The higher speeds have become available with the completion of installs of new kit on the northern path of the SXTransPORT fibre between Australia and North America."
We now know what that means happens to any data on it.
New reg unit requred
How man NSA data slurps is that?
Re: New reg unit requred
About 0.05 GCHQ/sec :oD
AARNet hits 40 Gbps to NSA
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE