back to article Robbing a bank? Carberp toolkit now available for just $5k

Cybercrooks are selling the source code for the Carberp banking Trojan toolkit through underground forums - at just $5,000 a pop. The sale of the building blocks for the banking Trojan toolkit is a sign of "conflict within the team", according to Andrey Komarov of Russian security firm Group-IB. "Some of the members would love …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Pie
Happy

5Gb seems very large

Out of interest does anyone know what would get it to be that size?

Re: 5Gb seems very large

Password cracking rainbow tables?

Anonymous Coward

Re: 5Gb seems very large

Probably a spiked version of Debbie Does Dallas XIV with a "click to install" Trojan codec included as a, errr.. proof of concept.

Facepalm

"Forum user "madeinrm" states that he is offering the source code for sale because someone else using the nickname "batman" had already passed on the source code to a third party, apparently against madeinrm's approval."

You just can't trust these crooks!

Bronze badge

Re: You just can't trust these crooks!

Honour among thieves, etc.

If it's good enough for Jeffrey Archer.....

Silver badge

Can I buy online

Just put my bank details into their site

Silver badge

Find a customer?

Maybe they want to sell to law enforcement at $5k each. Maybe if it gets published, the originators will sure for copyright infringement. Do I need an activation key? Is there any guarantee?

Big Bux are mine for the taking?

Ah, if it were so simple. Now if they put their minds to more productive ("How about a nice game of chess?") endeavors they might actually make an honest dollar or two.

So, I say to a buyer: "A fool and his money are soon parted!".

Anonymous Coward

The best way to rob a bank

is to own it.

Bronze badge
Childcatcher

Every Last Drop

Does this mean that the next generation of malware tools will be coming out soon and this is an attempt to milk this resource for whatever profit can be had from it? Seems likely to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums