The US government will sink $100m (£63.5m) into research and development of White Space technology over the next five years. And the majority of the cash will come from everyone's favourite mad-professor tech clearing-house DARPA. The first $23m will come direct from the White House, and will be awarded in the next couple of …
What a communications technology should be
White House - $23m
DARPA - $60m
US Department of Commerce - $17.5m
"NSA inside" sticker - priceless
ALL THESE FREQUENCIES ARE YOURS EXCEPT 3760 kHz. ATTEMPT NO TRANSMISSION THERE. USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON