Carl Icahn could be ready to walk away from the Dell rescue deal after reports suggested he's finding stumping up the cash for the refinancing plan a little more difficult than he'd hoped. Sources told CNBC and the New York Post that Icahn is having second thoughts about the billions needed to finance the offer for Dell put …
"because they believe that Dell's enterprise services business still has some potential"
Just not $9.1B worth of potential, eh Carl?
Carl Icahn could be ready to walk away from the Dell rescue deal
No surprise as he is just trying to force them to boost the original Dell offer.
Re: Carl Icahn could be ready to walk away from the Dell rescue deal
Truth. His plan is to either force Mike Dell to boost his offer or to get control of the company and sell off the pieces for profit. Either way he just wants more money out of it, and it's very satisfying to see that he's not likely to get it.
Calling Icahn's bluff?
Looks like he didn't get either thing. Nice to see him actually losing one of his Scrapyard Investor schemes.
Re: Calling Icahn's bluff?
Decent children are taught that being greedy can end up leaving you with nothing. It is disturbing how many people seem to have missed that lesson.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp