In the first quarter of 2013, the network-attached storage and storage-area-network markets shrank for the first time in four years, according to IDC. HP, Hitachi and IBM revenues were the hardest hit hard, we're told. The bean-counters' Quarterly Storage Tracker monitors suppliers' sales of external (networked) storage and …
Rolling 4 quarter totals would paint a clearer picture than quarter by quarter analysis because some vendors tend to do poorly in their own Q1 and very well in their own Q4. e.g. your headline is comparing Netapp's Q4 with IBM's Q1 and those two vendors both exhibit strong Q4 up-swing.
Why are the graphs backwards?
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad