In the first quarter of 2013, the network-attached storage and storage-area-network markets shrank for the first time in four years, according to IDC. HP, Hitachi and IBM revenues were the hardest hit hard, we're told. The bean-counters' Quarterly Storage Tracker monitors suppliers' sales of external (networked) storage and …
Rolling 4 quarter totals would paint a clearer picture than quarter by quarter analysis because some vendors tend to do poorly in their own Q1 and very well in their own Q4. e.g. your headline is comparing Netapp's Q4 with IBM's Q1 and those two vendors both exhibit strong Q4 up-swing.
Why are the graphs backwards?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle