In the first quarter of 2013, the network-attached storage and storage-area-network markets shrank for the first time in four years, according to IDC. HP, Hitachi and IBM revenues were the hardest hit hard, we're told. The bean-counters' Quarterly Storage Tracker monitors suppliers' sales of external (networked) storage and …
Rolling 4 quarter totals would paint a clearer picture than quarter by quarter analysis because some vendors tend to do poorly in their own Q1 and very well in their own Q4. e.g. your headline is comparing Netapp's Q4 with IBM's Q1 and those two vendors both exhibit strong Q4 up-swing.
Why are the graphs backwards?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'