In the first quarter of 2013, the network-attached storage and storage-area-network markets shrank for the first time in four years, according to IDC. HP, Hitachi and IBM revenues were the hardest hit hard, we're told. The bean-counters' Quarterly Storage Tracker monitors suppliers' sales of external (networked) storage and …
Rolling 4 quarter totals would paint a clearer picture than quarter by quarter analysis because some vendors tend to do poorly in their own Q1 and very well in their own Q4. e.g. your headline is comparing Netapp's Q4 with IBM's Q1 and those two vendors both exhibit strong Q4 up-swing.
Why are the graphs backwards?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft