Google has spotted a massive spike in what it believes to be politically-motivated phishing attacks originating from Iran and targeting tens of thousands of web users ahead of Friday’s presidential elections. The Chocolate Factory has spotted several campaigns over the past three weeks, all coming from inside the Islamic …
You can tell it is the Iranian government and not the US government
You can tell it is the Iranian government and not the US government (1) because google is talking about it (2) the SSL certificates were forged.
If it was the US government neither would be true.
What a sad world we live in.
And of course Iran can now gleefully point a finger (rightly or wrongly) at the US if the US makes a fuss of these activities on human rights grounds.
People in glass houses
Sad world indeed
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…