Google has spotted a massive spike in what it believes to be politically-motivated phishing attacks originating from Iran and targeting tens of thousands of web users ahead of Friday’s presidential elections. The Chocolate Factory has spotted several campaigns over the past three weeks, all coming from inside the Islamic …
You can tell it is the Iranian government and not the US government
You can tell it is the Iranian government and not the US government (1) because google is talking about it (2) the SSL certificates were forged.
If it was the US government neither would be true.
What a sad world we live in.
And of course Iran can now gleefully point a finger (rightly or wrongly) at the US if the US makes a fuss of these activities on human rights grounds.
People in glass houses
Sad world indeed
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why