The Qantas Windows Phone app, which featured at the launch of Windows Phone 7.5 and 8, is currently broken and doesn't allow users to generate boarding passes. The app was shown off and/or mentioned at various Microsoft events last year and attracted development assistance from Redmond's Australian outpost. It even won an award …
At least Windows Phone users got a Qantas app!
Android users are still waiting for the loing-promised Android App - it's been 'coming soon" for years now!
Waiting for godot?
julianh72, Qantas has been a long-time MS shop, from mid-90s (when MS used NT3.51 IIRC to take it from IBM and OS/2 at the same time as they took Telecom and CommBank, with much fanfare :-( ).
Based on CommBank's experience then (they didn't have an internet banking setup until they rolled OS/2 back in - with NO fanfare), I wonder how good some of the older PC-based Qantas systems might be. I suppose I'm just a grumpy old OS/2 zealot, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.
Of course they have a lot of big iron too, but I suggest that you don't hold your breath waiting for action on the non-MS side of things.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars