The Qantas Windows Phone app, which featured at the launch of Windows Phone 7.5 and 8, is currently broken and doesn't allow users to generate boarding passes. The app was shown off and/or mentioned at various Microsoft events last year and attracted development assistance from Redmond's Australian outpost. It even won an award …
At least Windows Phone users got a Qantas app!
Android users are still waiting for the loing-promised Android App - it's been 'coming soon" for years now!
Waiting for godot?
julianh72, Qantas has been a long-time MS shop, from mid-90s (when MS used NT3.51 IIRC to take it from IBM and OS/2 at the same time as they took Telecom and CommBank, with much fanfare :-( ).
Based on CommBank's experience then (they didn't have an internet banking setup until they rolled OS/2 back in - with NO fanfare), I wonder how good some of the older PC-based Qantas systems might be. I suppose I'm just a grumpy old OS/2 zealot, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.
Of course they have a lot of big iron too, but I suggest that you don't hold your breath waiting for action on the non-MS side of things.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update