Feeds

back to article Australian 'Apple tax' repealed for MacBook Air

Apple's contentious pricing plans, often criticised for producing Australian prices that exceed their US equivalents even when the $AUD/$US exchange rate suggests the opposite should be the case, have turned up some oddities for Apple's new products. In case you've not caught up with the news, the fruity folk today announced a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
SD2
WTF?

MAC AIR 13 in

I find your prices interesting, and amusing that Apple fell on the governent-agitated sword just as our currency took a dive. However I just went to the Apple site in the US to look up specs for the 13 in AIR, and prices start at 1099, not 1199...

Amazing a 12 core for $400 smthng

Yanqui ingenuity proven at last, I don't think I could do that. And in a Braun coffee maker case, OK to that!

i hate when you guys quote base pricing.

For a proper content creation 12 core it will end up costing 8k +

The base price doesn't include much of anything and is quite underwhelming...

Anonymous Coward

No change?

I seem to remember doing this comparison a while ago. Easily shippable items (small, light MBA) carry little "tax" whereas large items (cheap to send by surface shipping, hard to ship in low units) attract the "tax."

Still, its nothing compared to MS' MSDN tax. $699 USD, $1399 AUD IIRC.

Thumb Down

Pro Pricing?

Pricing for the new Mac Pro hasn't been announced yet, this comparison is using the current pricing for the current model, not the new one "previewed" yesterday. Given that it's sales will now be virtually zero until the new Pro ships later this year, why bother?

FAIL

Screw the Ausy's. What about the Brits? What happened to our price difference...

This topic is closed for new posts.