Feeds

back to article Amazon SLASHES hosted database prices

Just a week after the service became generally available, Amazon has slashed the cost of running databases in its cloud by as much as 27 per cent, putting pressure on rivals to do the same. The major price reductions to its Relational Database Service (AWS RDS) were announced by Amazon on Tuesday following graduation of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Joke

"Amazon has slashed the cost of running databases in its cloud by as much as 27 per cent"

That must be the American Govt. subsidies put to good use.

Go

Amazon Special Offer !

Bronze badge

Beat me by "that" much*

Have an upvote.**

*Where's the Maxwell smart icon?

**Have another for the username.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Devil

Re: Cloud - GET SPIED ON - AWS, Google, AZURE, hell even just Windows

You will still (probably) get spied on if you use Amazon's MySQL service (as opposed to one of the proprietary databases)

Whereas if you run your own instance of Oracle or SQL Server, you'd notice pretty quickly if it started opening connections to the NSA.

Granted there could plausibly be as-yet-unused backdoors in the proprietary databases, but IN THIS ARTICLE, EADON, It's about who hosts it, not what's hosted.

Silver badge

Re: Cloud - GET SPIED ON - AWS, Google, AZURE, hell even just Windows

Yeah, I always look forward to reading through the entire codebase before choosing an operating system. Then a bit of compilation before use.

Mushroom

well I was just going to say...

exactly what the others have said but it highlights the problem facing all "cloud" vendors.

PRISM has dealt a serious blow to their marketing strategies and Amazon is not on the offical PRISM list but can anyone trust anything now.

aaaaaagh!

This post has been deleted by a moderator

This topic is closed for new posts.