Coming upgrades to HP's public cloud will see it pursue a different market from that dominated by Amazon, Google, and Microsoft – and that's a good thing for both punters and the company. Like every other traditional IT seller, HP has been slow to wake to the rise of low-cost utility computing and storage, but on Friday the …
Different to everyone except VMware, Joyent...
VMware has been selling its cloud stack to service providers for years -- over 220 clouds based on it today, versus the 10 or so for OpenStack. AVMware has said it will sell all the s/w used for its vCloud Hybrid Service to SPs. Joyent also resells to a couple of SPs, e.g. Telefonica. So HP's move to sell to SPs (if they ever execute on it) is not remotely unique.
Re: Different to everyone except VMware, Joyent...
Hi there. Neither VMware or Joyent sell both the hardware and software into ISPs - that is the unique part.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why