Coming upgrades to HP's public cloud will see it pursue a different market from that dominated by Amazon, Google, and Microsoft – and that's a good thing for both punters and the company. Like every other traditional IT seller, HP has been slow to wake to the rise of low-cost utility computing and storage, but on Friday the …
Different to everyone except VMware, Joyent...
VMware has been selling its cloud stack to service providers for years -- over 220 clouds based on it today, versus the 10 or so for OpenStack. AVMware has said it will sell all the s/w used for its vCloud Hybrid Service to SPs. Joyent also resells to a couple of SPs, e.g. Telefonica. So HP's move to sell to SPs (if they ever execute on it) is not remotely unique.
Re: Different to everyone except VMware, Joyent...
Hi there. Neither VMware or Joyent sell both the hardware and software into ISPs - that is the unique part.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan