IBM developers can now write apps using MongoDB's query language to interact with data stored in DB2 and WebSphere, and vice versa, giving IBM's tech greater use and relevance in an age dominated by cheap or free solutions. IBM will preview support of MongoDB's JSON-oriented query method in DB2 and Websphere Extreme Scale within …
welcome to the party, IBM
IBM has finally realized developers are let down by 10gen's NoSQL implementation, and IBM can provide an enterprise solution to address 10gen's failings. This API needs standardization - but make no mistake, this is IBM's move to cannibalize 10gen's enterprise sales effort by offering DB/2.
At Aerospike, we've delivered a fast and scalable ACID NoSQL solution, and seen huge market uptake - we understand IBM's interest in playing catch up in this market.
The fact that Aerospike has several ex-DB/2 engineers and advice from Don Haderle has helped.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth