HP has cooked up a product it calls “Next Generation Information Worker” (NGIW) that aims to pick up where intranets left off and deliver an environment that doesn't leave the rising generation of iPad-and-smartmobe-wielding office drones screaming for the apps they use at home. HP's Australian outpost “co-developed” the product …
HP re-markets Extranet as Intranet?
Problem : Intranet == SharePoint
Hidden gem is (by general consensus) inability of SharePoint to deliver, AND by admition of HP, the greatest MSFT ally that ever was. HP Premise (hidden behind NGIW) is that SharePoint has failed as a platform for quick and easy enterprise apps delivering large ROI. And after spending last several years as an expert on SP, I can only but agree. For me NGIW is an effort to sell an solution to enterprises disillusioned with SharePoint.
That's just basic SharePoint 2013...
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad