HP has cooked up a product it calls “Next Generation Information Worker” (NGIW) that aims to pick up where intranets left off and deliver an environment that doesn't leave the rising generation of iPad-and-smartmobe-wielding office drones screaming for the apps they use at home. HP's Australian outpost “co-developed” the product …
HP re-markets Extranet as Intranet?
Problem : Intranet == SharePoint
Hidden gem is (by general consensus) inability of SharePoint to deliver, AND by admition of HP, the greatest MSFT ally that ever was. HP Premise (hidden behind NGIW) is that SharePoint has failed as a platform for quick and easy enterprise apps delivering large ROI. And after spending last several years as an expert on SP, I can only but agree. For me NGIW is an effort to sell an solution to enterprises disillusioned with SharePoint.
That's just basic SharePoint 2013...
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait