Feeds

back to article Lonely G-Cloud wanders in search of crowd o'er UK.gov vales and hills

Government Digital Services is evaluating the level of resources set aside for the G-Cloud after taking control of the framework. To date G-Cloud has been running thin on the ground with just five bods in the team tasked with leading the supposed revolution in public sector tech procurement. A Cabinet Office spokesman informs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

GCloud meets GDS

Prepare for a bingo-tastic buzzword implosion

FAIL

G-Cloud - a solution in search of a problem

The problem being - how does the Government get a press release which make them look hip with the cutting edge of technology?

We must be grateful I suppose that the Coalation only p*ss*s hundreds of millions up the wall on this kind of BS rather than the billions New Labour used to,

Silver badge

Still cynical about the cloud

I've still yet to see anything distinctly cloud-like, anywhere.

Virtual servers? Network storage? Sure. Cloud is marketing nonsense and always will be, until the next buzzword comes along. I give it another, maybe... 5 years before the local computing revolution starts, where people get excited about using their own processing power and storing their data locally themselves...

Facepalm

Re: Still cynical about the cloud

Oh no - back to the Eighties. Do we have to have the big hair and crap music this time?

Phil.

Anonymous Coward

I am surprised you haven't heard of Salesforce, Google Search or Facebook

Silver badge
Stop

>> I am surprised you haven't heard of Salesforce, Google Search or Facebook

Because internet services exist, 'cloud' has a defineable meaning?

Still not helping.

This topic is closed for new posts.