speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise For El Reg's latest Speaking in Tech podcast, Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are joined by Irish tech monster Storagezilla (aka EMC bod Mark Twomey), while regular SiT co-host Ed Saipetch disappears on a secret mission. Storagezilla waxes lyrical about comic book characters …
A completely different question...
Who is that blondemonster with the unlikely coiffure for space operations in the hook-me picture?
Data dedup and removal only works
when you have DBAs that can understand the problem, an Application that handles the concept of archival and Management that will commit the time to setting the process up. I have seen several archival projects fall flat because the data model was not designed for it, or the DBAs shrugged and said "too hard", which means throwing more short-term technical resource at the problem (more drives, more tapes, more SAN storage).
BTW, Apps Support / DBAs shrugging and going "too hard for me, ask a sysadmin" is known as "survival of the thickest" here.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network