back to article US National Intelligence Council boss gets personal email hacked

In a rather embarrassing slip, the personal email account of Christopher Kojm, chairman of the US National Intelligence Council (NIC), has become the latest victim of been the cracker known as Guccifer. According to screenshots seen by The Smoking Gun, Guccifer grabbed email exchanges with 9/11 Commission members, banking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ecofeco Silver badge
    Facepalm

Yes, it really "that shit"

As I was saying in the Chinese hack thread, the security really is "that shit" and El Reg has been publishing articles on it for quite some time.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: Yes, it really "that shit"

@Anon : Where did he say the articles or the comments are shit?

Perhaps you need to try and comprehend it better?

2. ecofeco Silver badge
    IT Angle

About those paintings

IIRC, those painting are fakes, right?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Don Jefe
    Happy

Culprit

I think it would be funny if it was Obama responsible for this. Just screwing with everyone.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Audit trail

I thought using private, non-government email accounts was not allowed for any work related stuff

" email exchanges with 9/11 Commission members, banking information, personal correspondence, and documents covering the latest Obama administration's transition earlier this year."

If this is the case how do Microsoft come into it, they do not guarantee "your content (as defined later) will be safeguarded", to what extent are they sharing information and location with other companies as they see fit. How are these other companies or Microsoft vetted?

And even more so who do people working in those companies (or with access )react once they are aware of this hack, might someone then trawl through accounts related to this one with a simple search providing they had access.

5. ian 22
    Happy

And what is your definition?

Do you use the dictionary definition of "privacy", or the Internet definition?

Clearly "privacy" == "public".

Do you and your monkey have anything to hide?

6. JCitizen
    Mushroom

The US "gubbamint" is a TOTAL joke on IT security!!

I am SO tired or reading this, that is wouldn't bother me to see everyone of our US gubbamint sumbitches shot up against a wall!! This is incompetence extraordinaire!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like