Japanese company SoftBank, currently wrapping a deal to buy 70 per cent of US mobile carrier Sprint, has taken the unusual step of giving the US government veto power over one member to be elected to the board of its acquisition target. SoftBank’s bid to take over America’s third largest operator was delayed for months while it …
I think they're setting themselves up for a trade war if the US carries on like this. There might be room for manoeuvre if there was any sort of proof that Chinese kit had back doors or was calling "home" but there isn't.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor