back to article China's exposed crack cyberspy crew dumps 'most' of its kit

The infamous APT1 cyberespionage crew is diminished but not defeated following its public exposure three months ago. Mandiant, the cyber security intelligence firm that d0xed APT1, detailing its tools and tactics as well as its affiliation to a Chinese People's Liberation Army unit, has published a follow-up report this week …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tchou
    Coat

"The Comment Crew earned its nickname from its habit of embedding hidden code or comments in web pages." .... like 80% of developers who don't code for their own company... = D

1. asdf
      Joke

lol

>embedding hidden code or comments in web pages."

Who would ever do something like that I mean reallya';DROP TABLE users; SELECT * FROM userinfo WHERE 't' = 't

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Retooling

See, I told you earlier the Chinese do things differently :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDsEuDDkRU

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How Long

Before the US decide a good counter-measure is to plant fake data for these people to find, and flood their country with bogus information.

1. Ru
      Black Helicopters

Re: How Long

You assume that this is not already happening.

2. ACx

Like too many US "intelligence" "strategies", that has backfire written all over it, since we are talking IP. It could mean the US would get to import and pay for a load of products based on fake data. Remember the bulging capacitor issue? \Nothing to do with the US, but the sort of thing that can happen.

1. Suricou Raven

Where's the problem?

- If the US is importing the rubbish, chances are China is using it domestically too.

- Confidence in Chinese manufacturing is further damaged.

- The team of hackers become less popular politically, leading to reduced funding and activity.

3. nuked

How long 'since' I think would be more accurate

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

...is the director of APT1.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like