Swiss software firm Vasco has bought Cambridge-based banking security specialist Cronto in a deal valued at up to £14.5m. Vasco will pay $19.3m (€15m, £12.7m), and a further $2.6m (€2m, £1.8m) depending on future earnings, to get its hands on the British upstart's malware-defeating technology. Its software attempts to shield …
Another Cambridge success story
ARM, Raspberry Pi and now Cronto.
Of course we shouldn't forget Acorn Computers Ltd, Andy Hopper, Aveva, Broadcom, Cambridge Network, CamSemi, Camcon Technology, DANTE, Hermann Hauser, Jagex, the somewhat notorious Sinclair Research Ltd, Sagentia (formerly Scientific Generics), Global Silicon Limited, CSR plc and not forgettig Cambridge University!
In particular, Trinity College, Cambridge University for the founding of the Cambridge Science Park in 1970.
Pity the weather isn't more like California.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad