speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise For El Reg's latest Speaking in Tech podcast, Ed Saipetch is hosting the chat live from DrupalCon 2013, which is in hipster central Portland this year, while co-hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela put out fires elsewhere. Eddie is joined by special guests Joaquin Lippincott …
Wait, Portland is more than...
As a Portland resident who does not regularly don Ray Bans or sip Pabst my first reaction to your characterization of our
fair perpetually overcast city was indignation. Before I could even finish reading the summary of the podcast however, the chickens in my tiny urban back yard were startled by a gaggle of twenty somethings riding expensive bicycles despite the rain. You win this round el reg...
As a long-time resident of the Portland tech suburbs, I've watched the city spiral down to the point where it can generate it's own field of hipness and pretentiousness without needing any inputs from outside the city limits. For the unitiated, take a look at any episode of the TV series Portlandia....while it's put forward as a comedy, it's much closer to a documentary.
Is it like our Silicon Roundabout?
Long on cropped beards, rounded corners, marketing speak, and short on actual technologists?
Is that Portland, Oregon?
Just south of Seattle where the real hipsters live...but the weather is just as bad.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why