In a bit of a game of pass-the-parcel, the fibre-to-the-home network assets that iiNet bought when it acquired TransACT Communications last year has been passed on to NBN Co for a minimum of $AU9 million. The FTTH was a relatively small part of TransACT's network assets: it also had (through its own acquisition of Neighborhood …
I don't know if it's just my area
but in the run up to the federal election my suburb has suddenly gone from "Construction commences within one year" to "Construction commenced". Coincidence?
Re: I don't know if it's just my area
All that construction commenced means is that NBNCo have given paperwork to the contractor. It will be many more months until cable starts being laid.
...has any construction activity occurred?
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch