In a bit of a game of pass-the-parcel, the fibre-to-the-home network assets that iiNet bought when it acquired TransACT Communications last year has been passed on to NBN Co for a minimum of $AU9 million. The FTTH was a relatively small part of TransACT's network assets: it also had (through its own acquisition of Neighborhood …
I don't know if it's just my area
but in the run up to the federal election my suburb has suddenly gone from "Construction commences within one year" to "Construction commenced". Coincidence?
Re: I don't know if it's just my area
All that construction commenced means is that NBNCo have given paperwork to the contractor. It will be many more months until cable starts being laid.
...has any construction activity occurred?
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor