In a bit of a game of pass-the-parcel, the fibre-to-the-home network assets that iiNet bought when it acquired TransACT Communications last year has been passed on to NBN Co for a minimum of $AU9 million. The FTTH was a relatively small part of TransACT's network assets: it also had (through its own acquisition of Neighborhood …
I don't know if it's just my area
but in the run up to the federal election my suburb has suddenly gone from "Construction commences within one year" to "Construction commenced". Coincidence?
Re: I don't know if it's just my area
All that construction commenced means is that NBNCo have given paperwork to the contractor. It will be many more months until cable starts being laid.
...has any construction activity occurred?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star