Big data boffins at Tokyo University have found a novel way to help Japan’s faltering economy: by producing an interactive trending map for manga, gaming and other content producers to see where in Asia their products are most popular. The Asia Trend Map was developed by Tokyo University associate professor Matsuo Yutaka with …
Any publicity is good publicity?
One thing that's not clear from any of the linked stories is whether those are total mentions or if there's some attempt to distinguish positive and negative ones. I mean, Doraemon would probably look pretty popular even if you just counted comments saying "OMG why is a fossil like Doraemon still taking up airtime when it could be given to my favorite interesting new show that just got cancelled".
That "Doraemon" looks like Penfold going scuba diving.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers