Dell has filled out its workstation line with three new machines: a versatile, virtualizable 2U rack-mountable big boy, an entry-level minitower, and the minitower's little brother – which, if a workstation could ever be called "cute", would be a leading candidate for that designation. Speaking at a pre-briefing earlier this …
Wyse P25 / 45
Nice to see that thin clients are still as cheap as they've always been... $400 list for the P25 (around £330 in the UK from what i've seen) and $845 for the P45 ! FFS - it's twenty quids worth of graphics performance (retail, if that) plus a bit of compression..... Suns Java clients were a ridiculous price for essentially a 2D graphics card, but at least you had a key card to take from machine to machine that keyed into your current session. I've been rather fond of Wyse hardware over the years but sheesh they don't half like to make a margin (not the only ones, I know).
Re: Wyse P25 / 45
Ouch, that makes SunRays look like a bargain. Although they did whack up the price of the dual DVI plus model a lot compared to SunRay 2.
"plops one into cloud"?
Pretty sure I'd be in trouble if I "plops one into cloud".
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*