Flash array startup Skyera, which counts Western Digital among its investors, has recruited a WD flash product exec as its new chief architect. According to a story in the Sacramento Bee, Skyera recruited Andy Tomlin as its chief architect. Tomlin was WD's vice presidnt of SSD Development responsible for all firmware, software …
Why hybrid arrays vs. all flash arrays?
Any reason why to go hybrid vs all flash arrays?
Re: Why hybrid arrays vs. all flash arrays?
Despite the work being done by the all-flash array vendors, it's still cheaper in some cases to keep cold data or sequential workloads on spinning rust.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity