Flash array startup Skyera, which counts Western Digital among its investors, has recruited a WD flash product exec as its new chief architect. According to a story in the Sacramento Bee, Skyera recruited Andy Tomlin as its chief architect. Tomlin was WD's vice presidnt of SSD Development responsible for all firmware, software …
Why hybrid arrays vs. all flash arrays?
Any reason why to go hybrid vs all flash arrays?
Re: Why hybrid arrays vs. all flash arrays?
Despite the work being done by the all-flash array vendors, it's still cheaper in some cases to keep cold data or sequential workloads on spinning rust.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL