back to article Vodafone gets surprise £2.1bn dividend from Verizon Wireless

US cell network Verizon Wireless will pay out a shareholder dividend this year - and as there are only two shareholders, the $7bn (£4.5bn) divvy will be split between, er, Verizon and Vodafone. That means Voda - headquartered in Newbury, UK - will take home $3.15bn (£2.1bn). Vodafone owns 45 per cent of Verizon Wireless - the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

Any tax to pay on that?

Re: Any tax to pay on that?

Looks like I'm not the only person whose first thought was that when I read the article.

Silver badge

No. Companies don't pay tax on dividend income.

Devil

Maybe they can pay off a bit of their tax bill with this?

Silver badge
Joke

We don't recognize that tax bill.

Bronze badge

Vodafone Cayman Islands

Will be delighted at the news

Anonymous Coward

Like the comments above, I'm disgusted by the news of a British company having some success and I hope they have every penny of profit taken from them in tax.

Anonymous Coward

I agree ... surely there must be a European Regulator that can impose massive fines on these despicable "successful people".

I mean, how can they even admit to this disgusting "profit" after the government has pillaged their bottom line with their marvelous "Bandwidth Auctions".

Anonymous Coward

"headquartered in Newbury"

Vodafone Group's headquarters are in London, not Newbury. Vodafone UK's headquarters are in Newbury.

Silver badge
Headmaster

Re: "headquartered in Newbury"

Maybe if Vodafone's cut was taken in stacked $1 bills, the pile would stretch from London to Newbury? That sounds like one of the Reg's alternate measurement units....

How do you say "Ka-ching!" in British English??

Thumb Up

Re: "headquartered in Newbury"

Jolly good old chap

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums