back to article Dell committee to Icahn: Show us the money

Dell's special committee has asked Carl Icahn and his investment partner Southeastern Asset Management for a bit more info on their plan to thwart Mike Dell's bid to take the firm private, while Icahn suggests himself for the board. The committee, set up to look into Mike Dell's offer to take his company private for $24.4bn with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Pirate

Beware The Grim Reaper

Survivors of the wreckage left by Icahn at TWA, Blockbuster, Yahoo, Motorola, etc. etc. would advise Dell shareholders to lock their doors and bar their windows.

For whatever problems Dell (the company) has in the "post-PC era", Dell (the person) is a company builder, whereas Icahn is just an asset stripper.

LPF

Ichahn takes over, I give it 3 years before Dell disappears from face of the earth

We're having some concerns right now...

...with continuing to buy Dell hardware until we know for certain what is going to happen with the company. Desktops are desktops and they can be replaced with just about anything but servers, storage? Not so easy. I have a requirement for 6 new servers in the short term, hopefully we see some positive movement on this soon so I can make a decision I'm confident in. With Mikey in charge, more PowerEdges please. Icahn? Maybe it's time to talk to Cisco and HP again.

Silver badge

Re: I give it 3 years before

So you're with the glass is half full crowd, eh?

Silver badge
Pirate

So basically

They're calling Icahn's bluff? Whatever Icahn says, be very weary! The SS Ichan's Jolly Rodger is up!

Anonymous Coward

Re: So basically

Already weary of Icahn and his ilk in general.

"Gimme my money now, I bet that I'd make a profit and I want a 100% return, if not, I'll scavenge the company for anything I can possibly sell off and let the rest sink into oblivion"

Silver badge

Re: So basically

No, we users are weary. The Dell BoD needs to be wary.

Actually, they need to be paranoid and even then it might not help.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums