Syria has been reconnected to the world following a suspicious 19-hour internet blackout in the troubled nation. News that access to the worldwide web had collapsed in the civil-war-torn country began circulating on Tuesday. It appeared the systems passing internet traffic in and out of the Middle East territory withdrew their …
If telephones are working still could they use an old 56k modem and dial up to an international phone number to get online or would the phone system spot this and redirect the traffic?
Yes, people were tweeting phone numbers and username+passwords for those inside Syria to dialup and reach the outside world.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer