Syria has been reconnected to the world following a suspicious 19-hour internet blackout in the troubled nation. News that access to the worldwide web had collapsed in the civil-war-torn country began circulating on Tuesday. It appeared the systems passing internet traffic in and out of the Middle East territory withdrew their …
If telephones are working still could they use an old 56k modem and dial up to an international phone number to get online or would the phone system spot this and redirect the traffic?
Yes, people were tweeting phone numbers and username+passwords for those inside Syria to dialup and reach the outside world.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout