Syria has been reconnected to the world following a suspicious 19-hour internet blackout in the troubled nation. News that access to the worldwide web had collapsed in the civil-war-torn country began circulating on Tuesday. It appeared the systems passing internet traffic in and out of the Middle East territory withdrew their …
If telephones are working still could they use an old 56k modem and dial up to an international phone number to get online or would the phone system spot this and redirect the traffic?
Yes, people were tweeting phone numbers and username+passwords for those inside Syria to dialup and reach the outside world.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait