Syria has been reconnected to the world following a suspicious 19-hour internet blackout in the troubled nation. News that access to the worldwide web had collapsed in the civil-war-torn country began circulating on Tuesday. It appeared the systems passing internet traffic in and out of the Middle East territory withdrew their …
If telephones are working still could they use an old 56k modem and dial up to an international phone number to get online or would the phone system spot this and redirect the traffic?
Yes, people were tweeting phone numbers and username+passwords for those inside Syria to dialup and reach the outside world.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers