Seagate's chief technology officer Bob Whitmore has retired, at the same times as the company has launched its third generation flash products. A company statement read: Bob Whitmore Bob Whitmore On May 7, 2013 Robert W. Whitmore, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of Seagate Technology plc (the "Company") …
So you're the guy who...
...allowed all those clattering drives to go into sales instead of fixing that?
...allowed different drives to be sold under identical model numbers, like a 2 platter drive with good speeds sent off for reviews, but customers who buy one, have a crapshot of getting a 3 platter drive instead, running 30% slower. (Seagate Barracuda 2TB "ST2000DM001")
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise