Feeds

back to article Speaking in Tech: 'You can't NOT look like a douche wearing Google Glass'

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise It's another episode of El Reg's weekly enterprise tech podcast, hosted by Ed Saipetch, Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela. Do only white guys wear Google Glass? Just what did Sarah get up to at school with Reid Hoffman? And what the hell kind of weirdo endorses people for " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Pint

Its kind of funny...

Well, to me that is. People who wear glasses will often try other solutions (think contacts) so that they don't have to wear them any more whereas people who don't (have to) wear glasses will now gladly wear them because it's "cool".

Maybe this is a good thing for the people who actually need to wear glasses and get picked on because of that... "Nah, this isn't merely something I need to be able to see, it's the next beta of the Google glass. Now stop pestering me you ignoraniant" :-)

Bronze badge

Re: Its kind of funny...

I used to wear glasses from the age of 5 but in my late 20s I got to the point where I was so fed up of having to deal with those things on a daily basis along looking through two windows at the world which didn't help with peripheral vision I gave up wearing them.

I don't know if I would handle wearing Google Glass after the novelty wears off, I don't even wear sunglasses, but ironically I do own 7 different sets of LCD video glasses... :)

Silver badge

Re: Its kind of funny...

Yeah, I haven't worn glasses for that long, but I should wear glasses.

I always get annoyed at things that just are inavoidable, such as just the feel of having glasses on (even well fitted), which grates, the fact I'm looking through a limited field of view, oh, and of course, the fact if you get any crap on it, have fun cleaning it.

As for contacts, no thanks, the idea of sticking things in my eyes that could potentially collect crap behind makes me flinch.

Silver badge

The asymmetry really doesn't help

I will only consider wearing them when the they dont look like Google glass - i.e. when I can just clip something on to my normal specs (laser treatment wore off after 8 years) and dont get barred from everywhere interesting.

In fact I might get some Buddy Holly specs - you could get 32 cores in those and do some serious processing!

And USB/SD ports...

Bronze badge

A 1st major perception training victory by MicroApple.

With them being banned even before they arrived and now denigrated unseen Google has a problem fast approaching.

Public being sheep only by by peer approval so where the whole Google show goes is anyone's guess.

Bronze badge

Re: A 1st major perception training victory by MicroApple.

"by = buy = purchase"

Anonymous Coward

Saturday Night Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GKVyBb-KI

:)

Anonymous Coward

"It's an '80s brick mobe now, but one day it'll be like the iPhone"

Something original would have been nice, rather than just quoting guests' comments on TWiT.

Devil

They are not as cool as you have been told to believe.

If it was a laser that projected it on the back of your eye, then maybe I would get one, but it doesn't, it's simply a phone on a tiny screen that you almost have to strain to look at.

I envision a time in the future when the Google CEO is walking down the street with only his ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control still in his possession, after being sued into bankruptcy for making everyone boss-eyed.

This topic is closed for new posts.