The ambitious NuoDB database has received an update that lets it deal with .NET as the company looks to tempt Windows aficionados away from SQL Server. The 1.1 "Starling" release of NuoDB brings with it a set of Microsoft-specific updates, along with more general product and user experience improvements, the company announced on …
Round and round we go!
So SQL is the new NoSQL? When can we expect NoSQL to be the most favoured again?
Re: Round and round we go!
SQL's big advantage is that its a standards-based DML with implementations that are sort-of, somewhat compliant with the standard. Compliant enough, anyway, that devs and DBAs can work with most implementations with a minimum of training.
NoSQL might become flavour of the month if it acquires a standard DML that has a greater percentage of fully compliant NoSQL implementations than SQL has of its standard.
finally someone realizing SQL was never the issue, au contraire!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?