The ambitious NuoDB database has received an update that lets it deal with .NET as the company looks to tempt Windows aficionados away from SQL Server. The 1.1 "Starling" release of NuoDB brings with it a set of Microsoft-specific updates, along with more general product and user experience improvements, the company announced on …
Round and round we go!
So SQL is the new NoSQL? When can we expect NoSQL to be the most favoured again?
Re: Round and round we go!
SQL's big advantage is that its a standards-based DML with implementations that are sort-of, somewhat compliant with the standard. Compliant enough, anyway, that devs and DBAs can work with most implementations with a minimum of training.
NoSQL might become flavour of the month if it acquires a standard DML that has a greater percentage of fully compliant NoSQL implementations than SQL has of its standard.
finally someone realizing SQL was never the issue, au contraire!
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests