back to article Google's Page, LG boss's SECRET confab sparks Nexus 5 rumour

The smartphone rumour mill is in overdrive again after reports that mobe maker LG is prepping a new Nexus phone with Google. Meanwhile, separate leaked photos have led to rumours that an LG Optimus 2 handset is in the works. The South Korean electronics firm's CEO Koo Bon-joon met Google boss Larry Page on his visit to Seoul …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

"Unlike the Nexus 4 there are no buttons on the front of the device"

There are no buttons on the front of the Nexus 4. Or at least there are no buttons on the front of my Nexus 4.

2. Rob Kendrick
    FAIL

"Unlike the Nexus 4 there are no buttons on the front of the device, and the screen appears to be bigger at 5.5in or so wide."

*takes out Nexus 4 from pocket, and notes no buttons on front of device*

3. DrXym

I wish the Nexus 4 did have a button.

I'm forever picking up the thing the wrong way and having to feel around for the buttons to figure which way is up. A button, or a least some distinct "this is up and this is down" visual cue would be quite useful. And get rid of the glass on the back since the Nexus 4 has the eery trait of gliding on a cushion of air straight towards the nearest precipice.

1. Dr. Mouse

Re: I wish the Nexus 4 did have a button.

"I'm forever picking up the thing the wrong way and having to feel around for the buttons to figure which way is up."

This!

I end up picking the damned thing up and trying to push the power button, only to find it's upside down. I thought I'd get used to it, but it's not happening.

I'm tempted to cut a notch out of the case, or put a sticker on the front. It's highly annoying!

1. ptbw
        Happy

I still have the screen protector on it that it shipped with, for that very reason, it at least gives you a clue to which way up the device is!! If the battery life was a little better it would be elevated to awesome phone status.

1. Fuzzy Duck
          Meh

i'm thinking of getting one of these, so whats the story with the battery life?

1. DrXym

Battery life is about 2 days for me with light internet use / periodic twitter etc. though I tend to recharge daily. Screen is excellent. Call quality is excellent. CPU and graphics are extremely responsive. Vanilla Android is (IMO) vastly better than the customized shit that most vendors slap on top and gives a superior and clutter free experience plus timely updates. The best bit is the price which is considerably cheaper than an S3 or other comparable spec devices.

Downsides - Storage is acceptable but non expandable. Battery is non replaceable. The glass on the back gives the phone a worrisome tendency to glide off tables. Camera is okay but nothing special.

For the price it's an excellent phone.

2. Lil Pete

I'm glad I'm not the only one to do that. It does feel lovely having the glass back but means you can't ever be sure it'll be where you left it when you put it down!

3. Mark .

I like having virtual buttons rather than the physical buttons (at least for things like home buttons), but yes, I have been tempted to put a "THIS WAY UP" sticker on my Nexus...

4. DAN*tastik

Plastic back maybe?

I am happy with the thing, but it would be a great improvement if you could leave it on a relatively horizontal surface and find it there when you look for it again.

It's impressive that they managed to create a material with negative coefficient of friction. But now that we know that it can be done there is no reason to do it again! Dunno, could it be even cheaper too?

1. Miffo

Re: Plastic back maybe?

I've ended up buying the official bumper partly because of this issue and also to reduce my stress when putting it down on something and worrying about scratches. Miss my old Motorola Defy sometimes!

1. Steven Raith
        Thumb Up

I'm not so fussed about scratches (it's a daily hack for me, not a work of art) but I do find I have to remind myself not to set it on the edge of the sofa, lest I hear that solid 'thunk' of it hitting the carpet eleven seconds later after I've settled!

Not that I'm complaining - nice little phone, I tells thee.

1. Carl Fletcher

Yeah. It's highly annoying. I wish people wouldn't make phones out of glass, it just seems to be the flat-out wrong material.

2. DaLo

The later models had slight raised bumps so that it wouldn't slide on flat surfaces.

I've got an early one and use the official bumper - it looks okay and I've dropped it a few times so I'm glad I've got it but the main reason I keep it on is to stop the slide.

5. taxman
    Facepalm

The smartphone rumour mill is in overdrive again

....that there is going to another 'phone released. And after that someone else is going to release another 'phone.

But the strongest rumour is that yet a third company is going to release a 'phone, with one or two others following suit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like