back to article WTF? Comcast scores MORE sales from fewer vid customers

Comcast numbers were largely deemed good by its management team on their results call, with a few noticeable holes. Firstly, despite an increase in video revenues, Comcast in fact lost 60,000 video customers in the quarter, a number which appears to be rising. Secondly, there was a major revenue fall in NBC broadcasting. Another …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

It's Comcastic!

See mine from nearly four years ago ...

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/containing/548182

Silver badge
Meh

Keeping up appearances

All of these companies are so busy keeping up the appearance of growth, raising revenues, becoming the only game in town for their customers, that the seem to be missing that fact that they more closely resemble cancers than health organizations.

Silver badge
Meh

Re: Keeping up appearances

If you are using Comcast as a health provider you're doing it wrong. Where have you plugged the box?

Unhappy

The only game in town

Where I live, Comcast is the only high-speed internet connection; the local phone company's DSL offering pales in comparison. For standard internet and basic digital cable (which is the lowest tier now available), I pay about $115/month with all taxes included. Removing the TV portion raises the cost of the internet connection, so I would not pay very much less for internet-only.

We don't watch much on the telly, preferring to do "on demand" services through Netflix or Amazon's video services. If another high-speed alternative shows up in our area, I'll drop Comcast like a rock!

Silver badge

Re: hard to imagine cutting the cord if you have Comcast triple play

Why? Verizon has the same offering in many places. Now sure who has the lower price at the moment. The only reason I'm not playing them off against each other is because it's my roomie's name on the bills not mine.

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Got to love voodoo economics

This is classic voodoo (supply side) economics.

Raise prices when demand is up and claim scarcity of product.

Raise prices when times are bad and claim scarcity of profits.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums