Enterprise software company BMC has agreed to be acquired by a troika of private equity companies, who will hand over $US46.25 of cash for each outstanding share in the company. $6.9bn will therefore change hands to make the company the joint property of Bain Capital, Golden Gate Capital, GIC Special Investments and Insight …
one of the rare times
Hell I can't think of a single time.. Where Slashdot posted the news before El Reg. (not that I understand why anyone on slashdot would care about BMC).
Oh the shame!
I haven't laid eyes directly on anything BMC as far as I know since 2004, when the company I was at was using BMC Patrol internally (well it was installed, I never saw anyone use it - it seemed to be one of those tools that required a full time person to operate).
Wonder what, if anything, will happen to QPasa!
...Or whatever opaque name BMC has assigned to it. Neither BMC or MQ Software, the original developer, seemed to have much imagination in realizing its potential. Maybe there is just isn't much money in an MQ monitoring system.
I have to say, their Morris Marina was rubbish.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…