Feeds

back to article Asus: PC market still burning, but folks are guzzling our tablets

Asustek Computer Inc is surfing the slabbie sales swell better than most of its peers, if calendar Q1 financials are a decent metric. The Taiwanese producer of own-branded tabs - it also makes Google's Nexus 7 - pushed up turnover 16 per cent to NT$105,157bn (£2.29bn) in the first three months of 2013. The bottom line also …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

"product transition"

"In fact it warned sales of tablets would dip sequentially to 2.8 million in Q2 due to a product transition."

Hopefully this is a tacit confirmation of the end of the current Nexus 7 and replacement by something new and even shinier.

Anonymous Coward

Re: "product transition"

Could it be because they are planning to move to Windows ?

Anonymous Coward

Re: "product transition"

Probably the padfone phone/tablet combo which cleverly combines an indifferent tablet with a mediocre phone.

I like my N56V a lot though, especially with a hybrid drive. 1080p screen and serious data crunching.

Anonymous Coward

Dear Dell, HP and ASUS...

Pay me a beeellliioon dollah and I save your PC business.

Here is a hint, it involves innovating... wink wink

Anonymous Coward

Re: Dear Dell, HP and ASUS...

"Here is a hint, it involves innovating... wink wink"

If it's that good an idea, go to a bank and start your own business with it. Go on, genius, you show 'em!

Anonymous Coward

Re: Dear Dell, HP and ASUS...

Dear Microsoft,

Pay us (cough I mean invest) $2bn dollars each and we'll stay in the PC game.

Signed Dell, HP and Asus

There corrected for you.

Anonymous Coward

@AC 13:35GMT - Re: Dear Dell, HP and ASUS...

Actually PC manufacturers and the PC market in general are in this dire situation precisely because of Microsoft's stranglehold. Microsoft kept a tight grip but they couldn't prevent innovation moving elsewhere, to any device that's not a PC. With its recently launched patent crusade Microsoft aims to correct the situation and bring back in its Redmond stables the rebel device manufacturers. Personally I am not sure I would want them to succeed.

Silver badge
FAIL

Battle of the ACs

LOL.

FAIL.

Anonymous Coward

PC market still burning... mi dinero!!!

All I know is I got severely burned buying Asus G75VW's in 2012.

Their international warranty is a myth.

Be careful folks!

This topic is closed for new posts.