With the completion of dish assembly, the new DSS 35 antenna under construction at Australia's Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communications Complex is ready for a delicate bit of manoeuvring: from its current position on the ground, onto its pedestal. As the image below from the Complex's Webcam shows, getting the 34-metre dish from …
May 10? That's Friday. Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?
I think I am B2!
I might nip over to have a look... do you think the public are allowed in as usual, or will they be closing the complex for the lift?
So....50 trillionths of a watt?
Can't be the pedant, as I'm too lazy to work out the SI prefix.
Or about -73 dBm. Of course, since we don't know the bandwidth of the signal in question, we cannot compute the noise floor.
"Planned, approved and budgeted before America decided to threaten to blow its economic brains out via the fiscal sequester process"
I dunno.... that's like saying a foaming junkie spasming in the hall decided to kill himself by refusing that one last little pill.
Steal the amplifiers.....
Make a brilliant crystal clear stereo.
Strops in place ready for tomorrow!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan