With the completion of dish assembly, the new DSS 35 antenna under construction at Australia's Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communications Complex is ready for a delicate bit of manoeuvring: from its current position on the ground, onto its pedestal. As the image below from the Complex's Webcam shows, getting the 34-metre dish from …
May 10? That's Friday. Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?
I think I am B2!
I might nip over to have a look... do you think the public are allowed in as usual, or will they be closing the complex for the lift?
So....50 trillionths of a watt?
Can't be the pedant, as I'm too lazy to work out the SI prefix.
Or about -73 dBm. Of course, since we don't know the bandwidth of the signal in question, we cannot compute the noise floor.
"Planned, approved and budgeted before America decided to threaten to blow its economic brains out via the fiscal sequester process"
I dunno.... that's like saying a foaming junkie spasming in the hall decided to kill himself by refusing that one last little pill.
Steal the amplifiers.....
Make a brilliant crystal clear stereo.
Strops in place ready for tomorrow!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM