Amazon Web Services now lets customers file support requests via an API, and has deepened the links between its performance-management software and the rest of its cloud. The release of the AWS Support API for Business or Enterprise support customers on Thursday lets cloud punters open cases, check on their status, and resolve …
This could be useful in a few different ways.
I saw this slightly differently. It shouldn't be too much work for this to be integrated with your ticket management system, so you can just run your support requests directly through your internal procedures, handy for ITIL if nothing else.
I'm honestly not sure how much use automatically opening tickets would be though - you have to remember that Amazon will at no point actually *do* anything; the best you can expect is them telling you what you've got wrong and leaving you to fix it.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad