Feeds

back to article Rackspace fluffs .NET cloud support

Rackspace is making overtures to Microsoft users by broadening .NET support for its cloud and managed hosting, though these devs may be increasingly swayed by Azure. The company announced a Cloud SDK for Microsoft.NET, and a PowerShell-based API client "PowerClient" for Rackspace public cloud services on Wednesday. The two tools …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by a moderator

@eadon

"windows PHB's"

Why the greengrocers' apostrophe?

EPIC EADON PUNCTUATION FAIL

Bronze badge
Paris Hilton

"Java == robust + resiliant"

Really?

Not sure which I've seen more updates for to fix security holes (Win or Java), but it's got to be pretty close run...

Bronze badge

Re: "Java == robust + resiliant"

There is no point in even bothering to post a response to him when he is in his "LSE Rant Mode".

He isnt a dev, he didnt work on the project to move over to what is considered a highly modified Linux and he doenst know that his beloved Java makes up a small fraction of the overall system.

He never worked on that project, unlike some commentards here...

Bronze badge
Happy

@Rafayal - see the response from "I ain't Spartacus" to my comment here. It's about showing anyone else reading this that there is an alternative and that there are people here who are willing to discuss things in a rational manner, considering all sides of the story, not just trolls.

Bronze badge

Oh, i wait for the day when this site can return to rational discussion.

This nonsense just drags the site down imho. It is almost like having to read the Daily Mail.

I am surprised that more of the regulars haven't jumped ship.

Bronze badge

Powershell

I actually think it is a good idea to add in Powershell and .Net support. There are a lot of places out there who are using these technologies who either dont want to or unable to adopt a Linux.

It really does even out the playing field. i suppose it also acts like an enabler, if people are in the .Net world and want to peak over the fence, then tools like this give them that ability.

Same goes for smaller projects running in big organisations who predominantly use Java etc. Gives them a chance to interact with the rest of the peeps working with these tools.

Interoperability, can only be a good thing at the end of the day?

Silver badge

I should open a cloud service....

for Chip8 software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip8

Or maybe even Basicode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basicode

Seriously .net always was a "me too" from Microsoft to copy Java. And Java tried to solve a problem which doesn't exist anymore. You don't need "platform independent bytecode" any more since now virtually all platforms are POSIX. Not even Microsoft uses .net for their important stuff (like Office).

This topic is closed for new posts.