Only late last week, the scuttlebutt was that IBM and Lenovo Group were moving along at a rapid pace so Big Blue could offload all or part of its System x x86 server business to the Chinese builder. Now, the latest word is that the deal has stalled as the two companies are haggling about the price. The first rumors about a …
Couldn't resist some point Scoring ?
Why on earth would HP want to buy IBM x86 servers when they're No1 in the market and have a better options in house than IBM with both Proliant and blades and have only just launched a new class of server in Moonshot.
Don't believe the hype HP still has plenty in the kitty if needed.
I doubt they'd buy IBM's x86 business. Silly idea.
> Don't believe the hype HP still has plenty in the kitty if needed.
The way HP is at the moment, it's probably just kitty litter
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network