It's been a busy day at Japanese IT giant Fujitsu, with the company reporting its financial results for its fiscal 2012 year ending in March (that's not a typo) and also announcing that it has spun off its microcontroller and analog device business to the flash-memory maker Spansion. Back in February, Fujitsu announced a massive …
Bet the half dozen shops still actively buying SPARC boxes were ecstatic about hearing this news.
Microcontroller [integrates very low-end microprocessor + other functions], not Microprocessor
I understand but seeing Fujitsu de-emphasizing any manufacturing at this point has to be worrying to SPARC shops.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers